Having an online presence makes you sparkling visible to clients who’d otherwise never see an ad or hear about your business, and who would probably never come knocking on your restaurant door. The food delivery market is changing at an accelerated pace. And as a restaurant owner, being online is the way to go when it comes down to expanding your current customer base & boosting your stream of revenue. One thing that we have learned throughout this evolution is that whatever we want or need, can be obtained with just a few clicks on our beloved smart devices. Even the food - all kinds, to satiate our different cravings on different days of the week. It's an era that has something for everyone - whether a consumer or a provider.
Given the changing scenarios, largely, consumers have come to expect the ability of a restaurant to allow them to place orders online. If you are in a restaurant business and yet to join the bandwagon of the restaurant online ordering system, you're already missing out on some opportunities to grow your business exponentially. By adopting new technology, you don't just simplify the lives of your customers, but also ensure that your business can stand tall in the competitive market.
Advantages For Online Ordering System
- Makes The Ordering Process Easier: Traditionally, people had to make calls to place orders or drive to the restaurants for a take-out, then wait for the food to be prepared and delivered. Sometimes, placing an order on the phone means that there could be mistakes in order. These aren't the best solutions to order food from restaurants especially for people with busy lifestyles. The best solution is switching over to online ordering. Restaurants owners can create a website or an app or both that will not only make the ordering process easier for customers but also streamline restaurant operations. Having an online ordering system can make day-to-day operations more efficient for a restaurant.
- Efficient Customer & Order Management: An online ordering system for Restaurants helps enhance the customer-restaurant relationship by providing end to end Customer Relationship Management (CRM) system. It provides a complete sales dashboard with information about new/active/canceled orders, lifetime sales details, etc. It also comes with an order management system that streamlines the entire ordering process starting from order placement to final delivery. Whenever customers place an order, an efficient online ordering system sends notifications via email or SMS to help the restaurant staff make the order execution faster.
- Monitor Your Expense: This is the greatest benefit of the online ordering system, it gives precise information about the cash flow in the restaurant. You get to keep track of costs incurred during preparing an order and compare it to the cost you are giving it to the customer, all this while keeping a track on the profitability. In a day when you receive hundreds of orders, an online ordering system will give you an accurate monetary translation of each order without having you look into cash registers.
- Better Management of Customers' Data: The online ordering system stores customers' data and sorts it for you to draw insights. It helps you find the answer to many questions. Who are your regular customers? What do they like ordering from your restaurant? Which food items are popular? Are they aware of the promotions and offers on the website? Do they prefer ordering from a website or app? These and many other related questions can be answered using analytics and insights provided by a robust online ordering system for restaurants.
- Greater Customer Reach: The online order management system enables you to expand your customer reach to a great extent. Your restaurant seating capacity maybe 100-200 at a time, or even less, but with online ordering, you can reach thousands of people at a time and cater to a much larger number without having to make any additional investment in staff or infrastructure.
Online Order Management System Can Make Your Restaurant Tech-Savvy
By implementing an online ordering system coupled with effective marketing strategies, you’ll not only meet your customers where they are, but you’ll also stand out as an innovative business. If you’re new to online ordering, a good way to start is to encourage customers to order on your site by offering discounts. If you are looking for a smart and efficient order management system, then jiMenu can provide you the best solutions.Contact us for more details.