The impact of technology can be seen in every kind of business today. Talking about the restaurant, there is a drastic change in its functioning. Earlier the restaurants were low tech being operated by moms and pops but with the evolution, the restaurants have gone high-tech. With time many different innovations are introduced in the food business that contributes to taking it to heights. The greatest change that played an active role in transforming the restaurant picture is cloud kitchen. There is no doubt that this model has become the heart of the restaurant and playing a great role in increasing capital and ROI.
Although digital and cloud-based technology has completely changed the way of traditional restaurants, along with its implementation it becomes equally important for the proper execution of the same. To master the art of making and delivering the order on time, read the complete information below.
Understanding Cloud Kitchen
A cloud kitchen is a restaurant that runs with an objective to deliver better outcomes. Unlike, traditional restaurants, these food outlets receive orders online and therefore called cloud kitchen. It results in easy delivery and thus great results.
Business Viability of Cloud Kitchen
According to a survey conducted using online food delivery report it has been found that 67% of restaurants prefer opening cloud-kitchen over a dine. This is all because of the availability of a viable option for saving money and preventing from saving high rentals. Furthermore, the reason behind the growing demand for cloud-kitchens is discussed below.
- Savings on infrastructure: Running a successful restaurant is not about preparing tasty food, it is equally important to attract maximum customers at the platform by offering appealing interiors, better infrastructure, etc. This adds the total cost of expenditure. Cloud-kitchen is one of the best ways to avoid such challenges of high rents and maintenance. Affordability in running a successful restaurant is one of the biggest reason for choosing for hi-tech kitchen.
- Reduction in-service time: Another best thing about cloud technology is that it distributes cooking. It helps in maintaining kitchens at multiple locations from one centralized server. Also, it offers quick service and reduces the delivery time.
- More contextual customer data: Cloud-kitchen, when incorporated along with wit technology, helps in making the overall operations more seamless. It offers restaurants their own online order system and mobile apps that help them to reach their customers and their further engagement with them.
- Flexibility in the menu: Cloud-kitchen model also provides flexibility in offering different menus. It makes it easy for them to respond and adapt to the new food trends among people. Also, it makes it possible for them to update their menu list and add more versatility in the food that customer orders.
- Higher margins and competitive pricing: Although many found cloud kitchen to be expensive but overall the cost is still affordable than running a brick-and-mortar restaurant place that demands good infrastructure, operational costs and lot more.
- Better expansion opportunities: The cloud-kitchen offers the opportunity of rapid expansion. It allows you to open and run multiple bands from the same kitchen and can expand their business beyond geographical borders.
Understanding the need and importance of cloud kitchen can help you in expanding your food business.
Streamlining the Restaurant Operations
Although running a cloud kitchen is simpler than running a full-fledged restaurant, but that does not mean that you do not put any effort to work and make it successful. Since every domain has a tough competition in today's' world and so do the cloud kitchen.
To beat the market and lead ahead of competitors it becomes essential to make your kitchen the best and on the top of your customers' favorite list.
- Source The Right Ingredients: Delivering the best food depends on the quality of the raw material you are using. It is, therefore, your foremost duty to inspect and analyze that you source only the highest quality ingredients. Choose the best vendor in your area and manage the supply of raw material with them.
- Automate The Cooking Process: Maintaining consistency in the quality, and quantity of food increases retention of customers for long hours. Although you have a head chef to inspect the dishes prepared, that does not mean that you would compromise with the quality of food delivered to your customer in his absence. This can be done by automating the whole process of cooking. Use the POS system that displays a recipe management feature. You can use this software to update and manage different recipes. Getting a clear idea of all the ingredients, presentation and the approximate time to cook food helps the chef in preparing dishes while maintaining consistency and quality. Also, choose the restaurant POS software with the kitchen display system. This would notify the kitchen staff about the status of an order and also update the staff about the delivery of the same. Accept Online Orders Centrally
- Maintain Consistency: If you are running cloud-kitchen at the multiple outlets, then it is essential to maintain consistency. For this, the best way is to create a base kitchen, where you will receive all the raw materials. Semi-processed them at and then distribute it to different outlets. Automating the process of maintaining and managing the base kitchen will reduce manual labor and help you run the food outlet with minimum staff. Also, maintaining consistency will help you in enhancing customer satisfaction.
- Enhance The Packaging Process: The major aspect of the cloud kitchen business is to do proper packaging. Improper packaging can result in leakage of food or may affect its taste due to change in temperature. This makes it unsuitable for consumption. Thus doing proper packaging prevents food tampering and protect it from any air-flows and leakage.
- Optimize The Delivery Services: The most important factor that defines the success of any cloud-kitchen is delivery services. It is good to integrate your kitchen with online delivery platforms. This will prevent you from training the delivery boy and spending time and money on other resources to get the food delivered on time.
There is no doubt that the restaurant industry has undergone a major transformation and cloud kitchen proves to the biggest and latest invention. Introducing such technologies is not only rising your business but also playing an impactful role in meeting the top business needs thus benefitting the industry as a whole.